A talk on the history of the Bandstand, from their origins in the mid-18th century to their heyday during the Victorian park making era, and their subsequent decline post World War Two. This talk is a slide show that follows this fascinating history and the recent revival of the bandstand in our public parks. This is a highly illustrative talk that engages many and fascinates the listener and has had excellent feedback from those who have heard this engaging talk.
This Tuesday Talk is FREE to view and will be hosted via Zoom. You must confirm your place by completing the form below:
A brief guide to Zoom
We want you to have a great experience when engaging with our online events. Please follow these guidelines and be respectful online:
- We will be sending you a Zoom link and password via email 24hrs before the event is scheduled to take place.
- Please make sure you check your emails for the link and that you have Zoom installed on your device and are familiar with how it works if this is your first time using it.
- Please join the event promptly, we will be ‘locking’ events five minutes after their advertised start time and which means late arrivals will not be allowed entry.
- Please do not share the link to the Zoom meeting on social media or elsewhere. If a friend/family member would like to join on a different device, they must sign up using the form above
- It is always our desire to create the safest events but we cannot accept any responsibility for the actions of others during live events & reserve the right to eject participants.
- Please be wise and help make our online events a safe and considerate platform for all to enjoy.
- November 24
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Events for Adults
- More Information
- This Tuesday Talk is FREE to view and will be hosted via Zoom. You must confirm your place by completing the form above.