Headstone Manor and Museum is a fantastic place for school visits. The historic setting and detailed teaching programmes for KS1, KS2, KS3 and SEN pupils are great accompaniments to the National Curriculum.
Have a look through our Key Stage Pages to find out more about the sessions we offer.
Why visit Headstone Manor and Museum?
- Spectacular medieval moated site with beautiful gardens.
- Atmospheric historic teaching areas for your school’s session.
- Safe, relaxed environment.
- Friendly, professional staff delivering unique and highly recommended sessions, tailored to fulfil National Curriculum demands in a stimulating, child friendly way.
- Historical artefacts from the museum’s handling collection.
- Focus on history with a local emphasis!
- Stay for the day and explore our fantastic new museum with our range of self guided trails. Email us for more details and printable downloads.
We also offer:
- Ample lunch space.
- Museum shop.
- Free car and coach parking.
- Large play area in the park next door.
What the teachers say:
‘Staff are professional, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and welcoming and the museum sessions really enhance the children’s learning.’
What the kids say:
“We had the best trip ever! I wish I could come again, thank you’