Please Note: The Local History Collection is currently closed to enquiries and appointments until October 2020. Please see our statement regarding the closure here.
The Harrow Local History Collection & Archive has existed in some form since 1948 when Wealdstone Library opened. This important collection was then given a more permanent home in the reference section of Gayton Library in 1968 after the first Local History Librarian was appointed, and was later moved to the Civic Centre Library when it opened in 1972. It moved to its current home at Headstone Manor & Museum after the Civic Centre Library closed in October 2013.
The Collection contains documents, books, ephemera, maps, and visual material relating to the current and past geographical area of the borough of Harrow and its residents.
Online resources are also available for local history enquiries. Browse a selection of them here.