Headstone Manor & Museum is a fifteen minute walk or short bus ride away from the nearest tube station, has plenty of space to lock your bike up as well as free parking.
The H9 and H10 services both stop at Pinner View, which is a three minute walk from Headstone Manor. The H14 stops at Victor Road, which is a six minute walk away (see Walking directions below)
There is a free car park in Pinner View, 100m from the entrance gate of Headstone Manor Museum.
There are several different bike racks by the car park and the Headstone Recreation entrances to the museum. Please do not chain bicycles on to the railings or fences at the Museum.
Train and Tube
Harrow and Wealdstone (Bakerloo, Overground and National Rail) – is a 15 minute walk from Headstone Manor. Alternatively you can also take the H9 bus from outside the station.
Headstone Lane (Overground) – is a 15 minute walk and the simplest route.
North Harrow (Metropolitan) – is a 15 minute walk/ H10 bus
Walking from Harrow and Wealdstone Station
- Leave Harrow and Wealdstone Station on the ‘Harrow’ (platform 1) side, and exit the car park to the right then follow the path round which leads to Princes Drive.
- Turn right onto Princes Drive and walk straight down – you will see the Crown Court at the end.
- Turn left onto Headstone Drive (the main road), and walk straight down, over the crossroads with traffic lights, all the way to Pinner View. When walking along Headstone Drive you will pass the Crown Court on your right, as well as the Kodak Factory – please note that after the crossroads the road is renamed Headstone Gardens.
- When you get to Pinner View on your right you will see the Museum signposted on a brown-and-white heritage sign. Walk down Pinner View until you get to Headstone Manor.
Walking from North Harrow Station
- When exiting the station, turn left and continue straight. You will reach cross roads with traffic lights – you need to head straight over.
- Following the path ahead, you will pass a petrol station on the left as well as roads to residential streets.
- After about 10-15 minutes you will see Pinner View – turn left and follow the path all the way down to the museum.
Walking from Headstone Lane Station
- When arriving at Headstone Lane station, turn left and follow the path straight down the slope. You will pass a row of about six shops on the left just after the station.
- Continue straight past houses and residential roads for approximately 12 minutes. You will then see a brown-and-white heritage sign labeled ‘HarrowMuseum’ opposite a primary school.
- Turn left into the park, and follow the path through the park for about three minutes. You will pass a field on the left and some tennis courts on the right. Just after the children’s play park you will see the back gate to Headstone Manor.
Walking from The Victor Road bus stop (H14 route)
- Alighting the bus at the Headstone Drive stop, you will need to walk down Harrow View until you reach Victor Road. If your bus is for Hatch End this will include crossing over the junction.
- Walk down Victor Road to the very end.
- Turn right onto Pinner View where the museum will be signposted.